The global automotive software market size accounted for US$ 25.3 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach around USD 107.15 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Automotive Software Market Key Takeaways:
- By software layer, the application software segment accounted market share of around 43.5% in 2021.
- By vehicle type, the ICE passenger car segment hit revenue share of 25% in 2021.
- By application, the ADAS & safety systems segment accounted 22.5% revenue share in 2021 and size was reached at USD 5.45 billion in 2021.
- By region, Asia Pacific region has reached revenue share of around 45.5% in 2021 and accounted value USD 11.2 billion in 2021.
- The North America region is growing at a CAGR of 21.3% over the forecast period.
The geographical region of Asia Pacific has emerged as the largest market for the automotive software due to the increasing demand of autonomous vehicles among the people. The rapid infrastructural development that has taken place in this region has also boosted the demand for autonomous vehicles.
The region of North America has also proved to be a huge market for the development of this sector. The European nations have also provided considerably to the growth of the automotive software market.
Automotive Software Market Report Highlights
- On the basis of vehicle type, the segment of heavy commercial vehicle emerged as the largest market due to the increasing demand for automotive autonomous systems which helped to assist the driver to maintain balance on the road and avoid the occurrence of a mishap. The increasing number of high velocity accidents that have taken place all over the world has boosted the demand for such systems in the heavy vehicle segment.
- On the basis of software system, the segment of operating system has emerged as the largest market due to the increasing demand of a smooth and multifunctional operating system in the smart vehicles.
- On the basis of application, the segment of telematics has emerged as the largest market which is mainly used to provide the facility of communication between the various electronic devices that are connected with the system. Function such as vehicle tracking which has been observed in most of the modern vehicles has been a major growth factor for the automotive software market.
- On the basis of geography, the region of Asia Pacific has emerged as the largest market for automotive software due to the increasing demand for advanced technologies and modern vehicles among the people.
Automotive Software Market Scope
|Market Size in 2022||USD 29.7 Billion
|Market Size by 2030||USD 107.15 Billion|
|Growth Rate from 2022 to 2030||CAGR of 17.4%|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2030|
|Segments Covered||Application, Vehicle Type, Software Layer, EV Application, Offering, Organization Size and Geography|
Automotive Software Market Dynamics:
The rapidly increasing demand for advanced softwares and technologically advanced features in the automobile sector has boosted the demand for automotive software to a great extent. The increasing awareness among the people regarding the various benefits and the high level of safety that is provided by the use of smart technology has boosted the demand for automotive software.
Increasing disposable income available with the people has also made it affordable for the people pertaining to which the sales and demand chain has being boosted considerably. Rapid advancements are made by the key market players with the increasing research and development programs regarding softwares and their user interface. A number of new market players have emerged during the recent times after the emergence of the electronic vehicle segment. These multiple reasons have emerged as the driving forces for the growth of the market.
Lack of network connectivity and slow Internet emerged as the major restraining factors for the growth of the automotive software market. Advancements have taken place in the field of software and applications which requires an active support of Internet connectivity. Constant buffering and slow Internet hamper the growth of the market to a great extent. Lack of skilled professionals has a major impact on the market as the technological glitches needs to be taken care of in order to provide a smooth service to the end user.
The high cost associated with the use of advanced technologies and softwares has imposed an additional pressure on the demand and supply chain of the high-end vehicles which have been provided with the latest softwares. These are multiple reasons have emerged as the restraining factors for the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Also Read: The Industrial Salts Market Is Booming (2022-2030)
Advanced softwares which have been launched by the key market players has attracted the potential consumers who demand for a seamless experience while driving a vehicle. The use of 5G network connectivity with the advancements that have taken place in the softwares has together helped to boost the demand for automotive softwares. The active participation of the government with a view to encourage the people for choosing advanced vehicles which produce lesser amount of pollution has also boosted the demand for automotive softwares.
Lucrative offers are provided in the form of loans to enable the common people for choosing vehicles that have the latest softwares and systems. Attractive designs which have been launched by the key market players two to be a great opportunity for the growth of the market during the forecast period. These multiple reasons have emerged as the major opportunities for the growth of the automotive software market.
The high cost associated with the advanced automotive software imposes an additional cost on the final product in the market which makes it unaffordable for the common people. This emerges as a major challenge for the growth of the market during the forecast period. Rapid advancements have been made in the technological sector by the key market players which receives or lack of support from the infrastructural point of view.
An advanced technology requires complete support as far as infrastructural development is concerned, for providing a smooth service to the end user. lucky market players are launching new apps and systems to provide a smart service to the end users without taking care of proper connectivity which hampers the growth of the market to a great extent. These reasons emerge as the major challenges for the growth of the automotive software market.
- In February 2022 – S32G gold VIP was introduced by semiconductors with a view to address the various developments in application that have taken place and the real time challenges regarding the vehicles operated through the softwares. Multiple offers have been proposed for evaluating the S32G processor to obtain the maximum benefits.
Market Key Players
- ATEGO SYSTEMS INC. (PTC)
- AUTONET MOBILE, INC.
- AIRBIQUITY INC
- BLACKBERRY LIMITED
- GOOGLE (ALPHABET INC.)
- MONTAVISTA SOFTWARE, LLC
- GREEN HILLS SOFTWARE
- MICROSOFT CORPORATION
- WIND RIVER SYSTEMS, INC
- ADAS & Safety Systems
- Body Control & Comfort System
- Powertrain System
- Infotainment System
- Communication System
- Vehicle Management & Telematics
- Connected Services
- Autonomous Driving
- HMI Application
- Remote Monitoring
- V2X System
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger car
By Software Layer
- Operating System
- Application software
By EV Application
- Charging Management
- Battery Management
By Organization Size
- Large Scale Organizations
- Medium Scale Organization
- Small Scale Organization
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Immediate Delivery Available | Buy this Premium Research Report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/2048