Precedence Research’s latest report on the global cannabis extract market provides an analysis for the period of 2017 to 2030, wherein, 2020 is the base year, 2017 and before is historical data, and 2021 to 2030 is the forecast period.
The global cannabis extract market size was valued at US$ 7.8 Billion in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 31.5 Billion by 2030, rising at a market growth (CAGR) of 18.6% during the forecast period.
Precedence Research provides an in-depth analysis of market size, share analysis, Industry growth, market valuation, market dynamics which includes drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, challenges, market segmentation, competitive landscape, regional and country breakdowns, and strategies for cannabis extract market. The study reviews the global industry by-products or services offered, downstream fields, end using customers, historic data figures regarding revenue and sales, market context, and more.
The report comprises a detailed value chain analysis, which provides a comprehensive view of this market. The Porter’s Five Forces model for the global market has also been included to help understand the competitive landscape. The study covers market attractiveness analysis, wherein resin types are benchmarked based on their market value, growth rate, and general attractiveness.
Download FREE SAMPLE PAGES before Purchase @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1213
Cannabis Extracts involve a wide group of products that comprises any excerpt of the cannabis plant, comprising extracts from hemp and marijuana. These excerpts contain high degree of cannabinoids like THC and CBD, much greater by weight when compared with dehydrated cannabis stems, leaves, or flowers. The near future holds immense possibilities for the cannabis extracts business due to the growing legalization of cannabis in several nations around the world. The requirement for cannabidiol (CBD) products is undergoing strong progress, which is expected to only quicken in the near future. Products ranging from balms and lotions in the topical group to beverages and edibles are aiming health and well-being, the increasing variety of CBD commodities are generating development prospects for the business.
The United Nations lately estimated that higher than 180 million individuals globally among the ages of 15 and 64 (greater than 4% of this age category) consume cannabis yearly. No less than 20 countries have executed medical cannabis legislations, including Canada, Australia, Germany, and Colombia.
Factors such growing use of cannabis for medicinal purpose, implementation of unambiguous legal framework related to marijuana use in developed nations, increasing prevalence of cancer, increasing use of marijuana as antidepressants, and increasing focus of companies on development of sustainable extractions methods are driving the growth of cannabis extract market. Moreover, increasing prevalence of arthritis and other chronic disorders is further propelling the growth of cannabis extract market. Additional features that are expected to fuel this business are increasing awareness regarding benefits of cannabis in developing regions.
A tendency for the authorization of cannabis is being recognized across numerous countries throughout the world. Uruguay was the first nation in the world to completely legalize marijuana in the year 2013. Subsequently, multiple countries have legitimated the use of cannabis for therapeutical applications, which is anticipated to fuel the progress for the cannabis extract market through forecast time-duration.
It has been more than two years since Canada decided to legitimately regulate cannabis for recreational usage, becoming only the second nation after Uruguay, and the first chief G7 economy to do so. Although authorized access to cannabis was previously available for medical usage, this marked a pioneering policy change away from the illegalization of the preparation and the individuals who utilize it in a nation of around 40 million persons.
- Among the type segment, conventional cannabis extract dominated the overall market in 2020. The conventional type of cannabis is grown extensively as it enables high production output of cannabis extract.
- The solvent-based segment accounted for the major share of revenue in the extraction method segment with more than 65% share in 2020 due to the high popularity of solvent-based cannabis extraction methods. The extraction method which involves the use of solvents is a preferred method of the cannabis extraction industry, especially in manufacturing extracts for personal care ingredients, pharmaceuticals, and food. Some solvents are favored due to their efficiency, effectiveness, and FDA-approval.
- Pharmaceutical accounted for the largest revenue in the application segment. Medications comprising a synthetic arrangement of dronabinol have been permitted by the U.S. FDA for years. In 2018, Epidiolex (a seizure medication) became the inaugural Cannabis-derived CBD medication to be permitted in the United States. Moreover, numerous medical formulations comprising of cannabis extract are in the pipeline.
- Canopy Growth Corporation and Aphria Inc. accounted for a significant share of the global cannabis extract market.
Key Players of the global cannabis extract market are:
- Kynd Cannabis Company
- Organa Brands
- Colorado Cannabis Company
- Peridot Labs
- Canopy Growth Corporation
- Aurora Cannabis
- MARICANN INC.
- Aphria Inc.
Segments Covered in the Report:
By Extraction Method
- North America (United States, Canada)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, Korea, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil and the Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, North Africa, South Africa, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
The report includes information for Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. In 2020, North America dominated the worldwide market with a market share of higher than 71%. U.S. indicated the highest slice in North America principally due to increasing legalization of cannabis for medicinal usage. Moreover, high awareness regarding medicinal benefits of cannabis extract products such as CBD oil and tinctures also supported the high market portion of North America.
Europe was the subsequent significant market chiefly due to high consumption of cannabis oil in Italy. Anticipated approvals for cannabis use in the European region are also expected to lift the demand for cannabis extract in the anticipated time-span. Israel is also a key market due to high research activity. The Latin American region is projected to grow at a significant CAGR in the estimate period due to increasing investment by key companies on latest technologies. Asia Pacific, Middle East and African region will display noticeable growth.
Purchase this Market Research Report @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1213
Precedence Research is a worldwide market research and consulting organization. We give unmatched nature of offering to our customers present all around the globe across industry verticals. Precedence Research has expertise in giving deep-dive market insight along with market intelligence to our customers spread crosswise over various undertakings. We are obliged to serve our different client base present over the enterprises of medicinal services, healthcare, innovation, next-gen technologies, semiconductors, chemicals, automotive, and among different ventures present globally.
Call: +1 9197 992 333
Carolina is an author who specializes in covering healthcare, chemical, and the automotive industry. Before joining Market Stats News, Carolina covered some of the biggest companies in Silicon Valley for the San Jose Mercury News. She loves all things French and the written word. Articles by Carolina