The global laparoscopy devices market size is expected to hit around US$ 16.3 billion by 2030 from US$ 8.6 Bn in 2020 with a CAGR of 6.4% from 2021 to 2030. Increase in incidence of target conditions for laparoscopic surgery is projected to drive the global laparoscopy devices market in the near future.
Laparoscopy, also called minimally invasive surgery, involves using keyhole surgical techniques or small incision. Instruments used for such surgeries are also unique and less invasive, and called laparoscopy devices. The key instrument used is a laparoscope, a long fiber optic cable system that allows a surgeon to view the affected area with the help of a camera. The laparoscopic instrument makes the procedure easy and accurate for surgeons to perform.
Get the sample pages of report@ https://www.visionresearchreports.com/report/sample/37685
- Minimally invasive surgery offers a higher accuracy rate compared to traditional open surgery. A significant benefit of minimally invasive surgery is the size of incision. Minimally invasive surgery relies on tiny incisions for the insertion of thin tubes, fiber-optic lights, cameras, and other small surgical tools.
- Surgery with laparoscopy devices has been a highly preferred method of treatment in the past few years among healthcare providers across the world
- A study conducted at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Maryland, the U.S., concluded that urban hospitals were performing laparoscopic appendectomies four times more than rural hospitals, and were likely performing 15 times more minimally invasive hysterectomies than rural hospitals
- According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the rate of minimally invasive hysterectomy procedures conducted in the U.S. increased from an estimated 14% in 2004 to 53% in 2013
- Initiation of robot-assisted surgery could be a key factor driving the number of laparoscopic surgeries performed for different surgeries such as prostatectomy, cancer, hernia repair, and colorectal cancer
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, an estimated 20 million surgical procedures were performed across the world in 2014, and 52% of these were minimally invasive surgeries
- Increase in the number of laparoscopic surgeries performed every year is expected to drive the demand for and subsequent consumption of laparoscopy devices in the global market. This, in turn, is expected to propel the global laparoscopy devices market during the forecast period.
- Accuracy of minimally invasive procedures improved due to the use of camera, enabling a surgeon to have better visualization of internal organs. Awareness among people about the positive effects of adoption of minimally invasive surgery has helped in the propagation of this technique.
- These factors are projected to drive the global laparoscopy devices market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization, 234.2 million major surgical procedures are undertaken every year globally. Surgical services have long been recognized to be essential expensive component of the public health system. Surgery is likely to assume an increasing role in public health due to this epidemiological transition.
- A large population suffers from diseases related to gynecological, urological, and cardiology, which, in turn, increases the number of surgical procedures
- This factor is expected to propel the demand for laparoscopy devices during the forecast period
Lack of High Quality Data Inhibits Adoption of Robot-assisted Laparoscopy
Surgical robots are being designed to address the limitations of conventional laparoscopy procedures. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)-approved da Vinci robots are becoming increasingly commonplace in the gynecologic surgery. However, training requirements and lack of high quality data act as barriers in the rapid adoption of robot-assisted laparoscopy, thus inhibiting the growth of the laparoscopy devices market. As such, less postoperative pain and shorter hospital stays are offsetting its disadvantages and increasing its adoption in healthcare settings.
The proliferation of the 5G communication technology for robot-assisted surgery in China’s laparoscopy devices market is creating value-grab opportunities. Due to the lack of evidence about its efficacy, stability, and safety, researchers are adopting swine models to investigate the effectiveness of 5G ultra-remote robot-assisted laparoscopic surgeries.
Space-saving Robotic Laparoscopy Devices Gain Prominence in Urology Surgeries
Minimally invasive surgeries are linked to improved patient outcomes and accelerating recovery times. However, operating through tiny incisions with the use of complicated equipment can be tricky for surgeons. Hence, France-based startup, MastOR, is increasing efforts to revolutionize laparoscopy assistance platforms with the help of robotic arms. As such, there is a growing demand for space-saving laparoscopy devices that can be integrated into existing equipment rather than being used as a standalone system.
Startups in the laparoscopy devices market are attracting funding from governments, healthcare associations, and investors to innovate in robotic technologies. Several million patients undergoing minimally invasive surgeries in thoracic, urology, and gynecological fields are catalyzing the demand for robotic laparoscopy devices. Since the learning curve and training period for conventional devices is long, healthcare startups in the laparoscopy devices market are increasing their R&D muscle in robotic laparoscopy devices.
Buy this premium research report, click here@ https://www.visionresearchreports.com/report/cart/37685 OR Call: +1 9197 992 333
High Precision Laparoscopy Trocars and Endoscopes Improve Clinical Outcomes
This signals that manufacturers are developing instruments that draw small incisions and enable fast recovery. For instance, Aesculap, Inc.— a specialist in delivering precision surgical instruments, is increasing its portfolio in minimally invasive laparoscopy devices that facilitate fast recovery. Manufacturers are collaborating with researchers to develop high precision instruments, such as ligation clip appliers, trocars, and endoscopes to improve clinical outcomes.
Companies in the laparoscopy devices market are developing reusable instruments that are suitable for complex minimally invasive procedures.
Revolutionary Ergonomic Handle Designs in Needle Holders Boosting Global Market
Reusable, reposable, and single use advanced energy solutions are becoming increasingly available in modular configurations. Companies in the laparoscopy devices market are increasing their focus on unique designs of instruments to allow complete disassembly for effective cleaning and decontamination. They are manufacturing slide-lock graspers to provide the highest level of tissue grasping properties in instruments. Apart from graspers, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities in vascular clamps meant for advanced laparoscopic urological procedures.
In terms of product, the global laparoscopy devices market has been segmented into energy systems, robot assisted systems, laparoscopes, hand access instruments, trocars, closure devices, insufflation devices, and suction/irrigation devices. The laparoscopes segment has been divided into video laparoscopes and fiber laparoscopes. The video laparoscopes sub-segment has been bifurcated into high-definition cameras and standard definition cameras. The energy systems segment accounted for a prominent share of the global laparoscopy devices market in 2020. The segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the rise in the demand for diagnosis by patients.
Based on application, the global laparoscopy devices market has been divided into gynecological surgery, general surgery, urological surgery, bariatric surgery, colorectal surgery, and others. The gynecological surgery segment held a significant share of the global laparoscopy devices market in 2020.
The U.S. held major share of the global laparoscopy devices market in 2020. Highly structured healthcare industry, presence of key players, and growth strategies adopted by these players are the major factors driving the laparoscopy devices market in the country. Rise in awareness about benefits of procedures and increase in healthcare expenditure propel the laparoscopy devices market in the U.S. The Rest of the World held the second largest share of the global laparoscopy devices market in 2020. The laparoscopy devices market in Rest of the World is driven by the rise in prevalence of chronic diseases and well-developed healthcare sector. The laparoscopy devices market in Rest of the World is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in product approvals, rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, and surge in awareness leading to routine check-ups and diagnosis, are major factors projected to augment the laparoscopy devices market.
Leading players are expanding their footprint to consolidate their position in the global laparoscopy devices market. Gradual increase in surgical procedures, which include ligation devices, offers lucrative opportunities to key players to increase their share in the laparoscopy devices market. Hence, manufacturers are engaging in new product development, collaborations, and distribution to gain market share. Leading players operating in the global laparoscopy devices market include Ethicon US, LLC (Johnson & Johnson), CONMED Corporation, Medtronic, Aesculap, Inc. (B. Braun company), Fujifilm Holding Corporation, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, KARL STORZ, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Cook Medical, Inc., and Boston Scientific Corporation.
- Energy Systems
- Robot Assisted Systems
- Video Laparoscopes
- High-definition Cameras
- Standard Definition Cameras
- Fiber Laparoscopes
- Video Laparoscopes
- Hand Access Instruments
- Closure Devices
- Insufflation Devices
- Suction/Irrigation Devices
- Gynecological Surgery
- General Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
By End User
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Scope of the Report
VRR’s report on the global laparoscopy devices market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global laparoscopy devices market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2021 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global laparoscopy devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ device literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global laparoscopy devices market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global laparoscopy devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global laparoscopy devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global laparoscopy devices market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global laparoscopy devices market. Key players operating in the global laparoscopy devices market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global laparoscopy devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Laparoscopy Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of devices and its companies in the laparoscopy devices and its application area?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global laparoscopy devices market between 2021 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global laparoscopy devices market?
- Will the U.S. continue to be the most profitable market for global laparoscopy devices providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global laparoscopy devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global laparoscopy devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global laparoscopy devices market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
The primary sources referred to by analysts in the making of global laparoscopy devices are the salespersons of various companies. Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the global laparoscopy devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, device portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to VRR’s study on the global laparoscopy devices market.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from laparoscopy devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global laparoscopy devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global laparoscopy devices market more reliably and accurately.
Buy this premium research report, click here@ https://www.visionresearchreports.com/report/cart/37685 OR Call: +1 9197 992 333
My name is Steve Robber, I’m the Owner of Market Stats News. Steve has served in many positions at various organizations for the past seven years. Currently he is an Author at Finance.Yahoo. Contact us for a free news publication, we look forward to speaking with you!