Pay TV Market Size 2022-2030, Market Share Analysis, Growth, Trends, Covid 19 Outbreak Impact Research Report Added by Precedence Research.
The global Pay TV market size is projected to hit USD 210.3 billion by 2030. Furthermore, the CAGR from 2022 to 2030 is positioned to be at a CAGR of 1.7%.
The report contains 150+ pages with detailed analysis. The base year for the study has been considered 2021, the historic year 2017 to 2020, the forecast period considered is from 2022 to 2030.
Download FREE Sample of This Strategic Report with TOC, Graphs & List of Figures @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1275
Pay television (TV) is a consumer subscription-based TV broadcasting service. It is a subscription television or premium television service mainly accessed through a satellite, cable, or an internet protocol (IP) TV. The user subscribes to bundled content by using the satellite dish network set-top box or leasing the propriety coaxial cable.
Pay TVtechnology has evolved considerably in the past few years coupled with the changing consumer behaviors as well as an availability of digital alternatives that have emerged to meet consumer needs. For instance, along with the television channels, Pay TVnow provides other interactive services, such as TV shopping, video-on-demand, gaming, and multi-room charging.
Crucial factors accountable for market growth are:
- Emerging demand among the consumers to leverage enhanced quality content with high picture resolution
- Ability of pay TV technology to provide an access to high-quality content from various service providers
- Rising trend of Internet Protocol television
- Reduced subscription costs
- Advent of new channels as well as popular reality shows
- Emergence lucrative value-added services
- Satellite TV segment led the global Pay TV market with remarkable revenue share in 2020. Rising trend among the satellite TV service providers to diversify their service offerings is uplifting the segment growth.
- By application, residential held the major revenue share in the global Pay TV market in 2020 owing to upsurge in popularity of pay TV in developing countries.
Emerging demand among the consumers to leverage enhanced quality content with high picture resolution primarily drives growth of the pay TV market. There is upsurge in demand among the users to experience high-quality viewing experiences such as 4K and Ultra HD (UHD) picture quality. For instance, the market players have recognized the importance of Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV services, which has allowed them to offer improved picture quality of the channels.
The ongoing video streaming trenddue to improvements in internet speeds around the globe has pushed growth of the over-the-top or OTT industry. For instance, in November 2019, Netflix had 140 million subscribers and the number of subscriber is increasing by around 8 million a quarter. This may impact negatively on the growth of pay TV market; for instance, according to the Nagra’s 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum, over 26% of executives in the industry polled now believes that the growth of OTT services will have a negative impact on the pay TV industry over the next five years.
Pay TV service providers are providing integrated solutions that comprised oftraditional broadcasting services coupled with the on-demand videos and short clips, similar to YouTube. For this purpose, the service providers are partnering with various content providers. For instance, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited started discussing launching pay-per-view services that will offer movies for rent as well as for sale on their television network. This trend of offering integrated solutions is anticipated to create lucrative growth opportunities for growth of the market during the forecast period.
The lack of new content is projected to challenge growth of the global pay TV market in upcoming years. Consumersare actively looking for fresh content and they are also expecting to watch TV content on a laptop. In addition to this, they want varied experiences on each of the platforms such as TV, laptop, and smartphone along with different type of content on their personal schedules. This factor challenges the market growth as the appetite of the viewers is growing rapidly and they are not satisfied with the conventional broadcasting only.
- In March 2019, NBCUniversal, an American mass media and entertainment conglomerate owned by Comcast partnered with Sky, a British broadcaster and telecommunications company to expand global advertising product and better target viewers worldwide.
- In May 2019, CanalPlus, theFrench pay-TV group has acquired M7, the European company which operates pay-TV platforms in Benelux and Central Europe.
- In April 2020, Dish TV India, one of the leading pay TV companyhas partnered with MX Player, an Indian video streaming and video on demand platform. Through this, partnership, Dish TV Indiahas strengthened its portfolio by adding a MX Player in the app zone on its android-based connected devices, such as Dish SMRT Hub and d2h stream for its DishTV and d2h users respectively.
North America dominated the global pay TV market in 2020 and projected to augment the market in the coming years. However, the region is witnessing decline in demand for pay TV owing to the proliferation of OTT platforms as well as internet-based entertainment in the region. On the contrary, rising focus towards adoption of the Integrated Broadband-Broadcast (IBB) system among the pay TV service providers is projected to boost growth of the North America pay TV market in forecast period.
Asia Pacific projected as hit remarkable growth rate during the forecast period. The prime factor attributed to rapid digitalization and proliferation of Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia among others.
The Pay TV market report provides an understanding of the market composition and explains the role of established players and regional contributors. It is essential for the market players to make calculative moves and focus on client acquisition and retention. The detailed company profiles will provide the necessary intelligence to the reader. In order to maintain their share, the market players are focusing on strategies such as cross-border expansion, product differentiation, and so on.
Some of the key players in the global Pay TV market include:
- Airtel Digital TV
- Carter Communications
- DISH Network Corporation
- Comcast Corporation.
- Dish TV India Limited
- DISH Network Corporation
- Fetch TV Pty Limited
Segments Covered in the Report
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Internet Protocol TV (IPTV)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
Purchase Full Research Report (Single User License US$ 4500) @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1275
Precedence Research is a worldwide market research and consulting organization. We give unmatched nature of offering to our customers present all around the globe across industry verticals. Precedence Research has expertise in giving deep-dive market insight along with market intelligence to our customers spread crosswise over various undertakings.
Call: +1 9197 992 333
Address: Apt 1408 1785 Riverside Drive Ottawa, ON, K1G 3T7, Canada