The global semiconductor production equipment market size is forecasted to reach from US$ 63 billion in 2021 to US$ 142.4 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2021 to 2030, as per reports by market research and consulting organization Precedence Research.
The report contains 150+ pages with detailed analysis. The base year for the study has been considered 2021, the historic year 2017 to 2020, the forecast period considered is from 2021 to 2030. The semiconductor production equipment market is analyzed on the basis of value (US$ Million), volume (Unit), and price (US$/Unit). The report offers exclusive insights to help companies make informed decisions to sustain growth through the assessment period.
Download Free Sample Copy with TOC, Graphs & List of Figures @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1367
Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment is a term that refers to the machinery that is used to make semiconductors. The semiconductor business is enormous, with many different uses. The semiconductor manufacturing equipment sector is classified into two categories: front-end and back-end. Semiconductor fabrication equipment is a critical component in the fabrication process. Fabricating semiconductors is a time-consuming process that necessitates the use of a high-quality manufacturing facility. Semiconductor manufacturing equipment includes oxidation systems, epitaxial reactors, diffusion systems, ion implantation equipment, physical vapour deposition systems, chemical vapour deposition systems, photolithography equipment, and etching equipment. In 2020, the Semiconductor Production Equipment Market was valued at US$ 62.5 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% over the forecast period.
Crucial factors accountable for market growth are:
- Rapid growth of consumer electronic product fosters the market growth.
- Rise in middle class lifestyle and surge in desire to use smart electronic devices.
- The growth in demand for mobile phones.
- The integration electronics devices with the Internet of Things (IoT).
Consumer electronics is one of the most essential industries that is completely reliant on the semiconductor sector. Consumer electronics is a significant element of the electronics industry, and it contributes to the growth of the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market. The number of foundries has increased globally due to rising demand for consumer electrical devices. Changing chip sizes and inventive layouts in various electronic devices have expanded semiconductor demand, resulting in large profits for semiconductor equipment producers. For instance, On 8th September 2021, Applied Materials, Inc. has announced new technologies and capabilities to aid customers in accelerating their heterogeneous chip design and integration technology roadmaps.
Tiny dust particles disrupt the entire semiconductor production and fabrication process, necessitating the usage of a clean atmosphere and clean equipment. Furthermore, manufacturing faults generate supply delays, which can lead to additional losses such as order cancellations and client moves to other providers. The pattern complexity increases as the number of patterns on a chip grows due to its limited size. For correct data flow to the chip, this necessitates great precision. The demand for size reduction has increased the complexity of wafers, which has resulted in a high density of semiconductor chips, lowering the lithography wavelength. Photomasks and wafers will become more complicated as node sizes shrink, necessitating the purchase of new semiconductor manufacturing equipment. All of these issues stifle the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market’s expansion.
The surge in demand for electronic products across the globe is expected to create huge opportunities for the growth of the Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market.
In semiconductor manufacturing, electrostatic charge poses problems, making it difficult to maintain high yield and product quality. A failure in static charge regulation can result in electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage, particle contamination, and equipment problems. These problems can be found in photomask fabrication, silicon wafer fabrication, back-end assembly, packaging, front-end device fabrication, and testing, among other semiconductor manufacturing processes. All these attributes are expected to be a major challenge in the growth of the Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market.
- The front-end semiconductor production equipment segment accounted for more than 60% revenue share in 2020.
- The 2.5D packaging architecture segment of the Semiconductor Production Equipment Market is estimated to lead the market with a market share of more than35% in 2020.
- By Geography, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the market contributing more than 75% revenue share in 2020 owing to favorable economic conditions and low labour costs in this region.
- On 21st May 2021, Applied Materials Inc. issued a bullish prediction for the current quarter, citing orders from chipmakers scrambling to expand capacity to meet a surge in demand.
- On 27th January 2021, Vantex, the most advanced dielectric etch technology created exclusively for Sense.i, the most intelligent etch platform available, was announced by Lam Research Corp. For current and future generation NAND and DRAM memory devices, this ground-breaking architecture, based on etch leadership, promises improved performance and more extendibility.
- On 2nd April 2021, In response to increased demand, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., a major chip supplier to Apple Inc., stated that it will invest $100 billion over the next three years to increase production capacity.
Asia Pacific leads the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market accounting for more than 75% of revenue share in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period owing to the supportive government initiatives and financial actions to boost semiconductor production in the region. For instance, On 29th September 2021Canon Inc. stated that it has reached an agreement to make Redlen Technologies Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary. The equity transfer was completed on September 28, 2021, making Redlen a completely owned subsidiary of Canon Inc. Canon will gain superior radiation detection and imaging technology from Redlen, which will be used in CZT semiconductor detector modules, which are crucial in the development of Photon Counting CT scanners (PCCT).
The report provides an understanding of the market composition and explains the role of established players and regional contributors. It is essential for the market players to make calculative moves and focus on client acquisition and retention. The detailed company profiles will provide the necessary intelligence to the reader. In order to maintain their share, the market players are focusing on strategies such as cross-border expansion, product differentiation and so on.
Some of the prominent players in the global semiconductor production equipment market are Tokyo Electron Limited, Applied Materials, Inc., ASML, LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION, and Canon Inc.
Segments Covered in the Report
- Front-end equipment
- Polishing & grinding
- Water surface conditioning equipment
- Back-end equipment
- Wafer manufacturing equipment
- Assembly & packaging equipment
- Test equipment
By Supply Chain Process
– North America (U.S. and Canada)
– Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
– Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia and Rest of APAC)
– Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
– Middle East and Africa (GCC, North Africa, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Why should you invest in this report?
If you are aiming to enter the global semiconductor production equipment market, this report is a comprehensive guide that provides crystal clear insights into this niche market. All the major application areas for semiconductor production equipment are covered in this report and information is given on the important regions of the world where this market is likely to boom during the forecast period of 2021-2030 so that you can plan your strategies to enter this market accordingly.
Besides, through this report, you can have a complete grasp of the level of competition you will be facing in this hugely competitive market and if you are an established player in this market already, this report will help you gauge the strategies that your competitors have adopted to stay as market leaders in this market. For new entrants to this market, the voluminous data provided in this report is invaluable.
Purchase Full Research Report (Single User License US$ 4500) @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1367
Call: +1 9197 992 333