Precedence Research’s latest report on the global synthetic leather market provides an analysis for the period of 2016 to 2027, wherein, 2020 is the base year, 2016 and before is historical data, and 2020 to 2027 is the forecast period.
The global synthetic leather market size is projected to reach US$ 40.5 Billion by 2027, rising at a market growth (CAGR) of 4.6% during the forecast period.
Precedence Research provides an in-depth analysis of market size, share analysis, Industry growth, market valuation, market dynamics which includes drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, challenges, market segmentation, competitive landscape, regional and country breakdowns, and strategies for synthetic leather market. The study reviews the global industry by-products or services offered, downstream fields, end using customers, historic data figures regarding revenue and sales, market context, and more.
The report comprises a detailed value chain analysis, which provides a comprehensive view of this market. The Porter’s Five Forces model for the global market has also been included to help understand the competitive landscape. The study covers market attractiveness analysis, wherein resin types are benchmarked based on their market value, growth rate, and general attractiveness.
Download FREE SAMPLE PAGES before Purchase @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1144
Synthetic or artificial leather is man-made leather that provides the appearance of the real leather. The product is marketed with various names for example vegan leather, faux leather, pleather, and leatherette. Synthetic leather comprises of a cloth base that is coated with a synthetic resin in order to resemble its appearance with animal hide on the surface. The surface of the leather fabric is dyed and treated with specific additives to make it look like a real leather. It is widely in the industries that require leather-like finish for example in upholstery, footwear, automobile, and clothing, among others. Further, it comes with no seams that prevent the water from seeping inside and damaging the inner material.
Remarkable properties of the synthetic leather over real leather such as high moisture resistance, easy washable, cost-effectiveness, and high durability drives its demand during the forthcoming years. Increasing demand for synthetic leather mainly from the footwear industry because of presence of durable and affordable leather expected to augment the market size for the product. In addition, robust demand for luxurious products from furniture and automotive sectors projected to accelerate the market growth over the coming years.
Additionally, stringent government norms for the protection of animals for leather products anticipated to bolster the market growth during the analysis period. Rising consumer awareness related to cruel practices of animal killing along with introduction of better alternatives of leather for furniture, clothing, and footwear applications likely to offer alluring opportunities to the market participants operating. Increasing Research & Development (R&D) investments for the production of bio-based leathers using fruits such as banana and jackfruit are further creating massive opportunities for the manufacturers over the upcoming years. However, the spread of corona virus disease which was centered at Wuhan, China expected to hamper the demand of the synthetic leathers in the near future.
- The Asia Pacific encountered the largest value share of more than 40% in the year 2019 and expected to maintain the same trend over the analysis period
- North America and Europe witness sluggish growth owing to the maturity of the market along with drastic decline in the cross-border trade with the spread of the coronavirus pandemic
- Polyurethane (PU) synthetic leather segment captured the largest value share of more than 50% in 2019 along with the promising growth over the upcoming years owing to the product quality, yield, and variety
- The PVC product segment expected to register slow growth over the analysis period owing to inability to maintain the body heat as well as gave a sticky feel when touched
- Bio-based product expected to witness prominent growth over the forthcoming years owing to presence of polyester polyol that has 70% to 75% renewable content
- Footwear application accounted for the maximum revenue share of more than 30% in 2019 due to increasing income levels and economic growth in the developing countries
- Automotive application witnesses significant growth over the analysis period owing to large application of PU because of its non-sticky and soft touch properties
Presently, the Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for synthetic leathers, in terms of value, followed by Europe. The prominent growth of the region is mainly because of the on-going technological innovations in the synthetic leather industry along with the presence of some of key market players in the region.
China is one of the major markets in the Asia Pacific region for synthetic leathers in terms of production and sales. Besides this, the recent outbreak of COVID-19 has drastically impacted the manufacturing output of the country. Several manufacturers have either slowed down or closed their operations to control the spread of the virus. This has adversely affected the demand for synthetic leather from various end-use applications.
North America expected to register a moderate growth rate over the analysis period owing to the considerable demand for synthetic leathers in automotive, footwear, and construction industries.
Key Players of the global synthetic leather market are:
- R. Polycoats Pvt. Ltd.
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- Alfatex Italia SRL
- Yantai Wanhua Synthetic Leather Group Co., Ltd.
- San Fang Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Filwel Co., Ltd.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- Teijin Limited
- Zhejiang Hexin Industry Group Co., Ltd.
Segments Covered in the Report:
- Bio Based
- Bags & Wallets
- North America (United States, Canada)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, Korea, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil and the Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, North Africa, South Africa, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Purchase this Market Research Report @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1144
Precedence Research is a worldwide market research and consulting organization. We give unmatched nature of offering to our customers present all around the globe across industry verticals. Precedence Research has expertise in giving deep-dive market insight along with market intelligence to our customers spread crosswise over various undertakings. We are obliged to serve our different client base present over the enterprises of medicinal services, healthcare, innovation, next-gen technologies, semiconductors, chemicals, automotive, and among different ventures present globally.
Call: +1 9197 992 333
Carolina is an author who specializes in covering healthcare, chemical, and the automotive industry. Before joining Market Stats News, Carolina covered some of the biggest companies in Silicon Valley for the San Jose Mercury News. She loves all things French and the written word. Articles by Carolina