Anticoagulants Market Before and After COVID (2022-30)
The global anticoagulants market size accounted for US$ 32 billion in 2021 and is projected to surpass around USD 70 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 9.09% from 2022 to 2030. Growing propensity of cardiac disorders and the growing demand for blood thinners is one of the major factors driving the growth of the global anticoagulants market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 pandemic is foreseen to have a noticeable impact on the anticoagulant industry due to the growing pace of research. Clinical trials are presently under process to evaluate the potential of anticoagulants in COVID-19 patients. As a result, the COVID-19 pandemic will have direct as well as indirect implications for the market forecasted. Moreover, as per World Health Organization Update in January 2021, patients infected with COVID-19, both suspected and confirmed, must be provided with follow-up facilities with a minimum dose of anticoagulants. As a result, the demand for anticoagulants will grow during the course of the pandemic.
Anticoagulants Market Report highlights
- On the basis of the indicated diseases, the pulmonary embolism segment is expected to have a dominant market share during the forecast period. The introduction of a successful anticoagulant which is Eliquis is indicated for this condition which is expected to drive the market. Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the pulmonary arteries of the lungs and blocks the blood flow. It is a life threatening condition which could lead to other conditions like the deep vein thrombosis. Due to increasing prevalence of the pulmonary embolism which is caused by heart disease, obesity or cancer the market for anticoagulants is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- On the basis of the administration route of the drugs, the oral segment is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period. As new and prominent products are launched in this segment the segment is expected to grow. The hospital pharmacies distribution segment is expected to have a larger market share during the forecast period. The hospital pharmacy segment shall grow as the anticoagulants are risky and they are prescribed only after a thorough diagnosis.
Download Access to a Free Copy of Our Latest Sample Report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1796
North America is foreseen to hold a vast market share in the global anticoagulants market due to the high consumption of innovative products, and the increasing risk of cardiovascular disorders in this region. For example, as per the American Heart Association Research in October 2021, approximately 2,299 Americans loose their lives due to cardiovascular diseases, which accounts to an average of a single death every 38 seconds.
The Asia-Pacific region grants lucrative chances for companies operating in the anticoagulants market, attributable to its growing population support, rising risk of heart related disease and VTE, improving diagnosis, developing economies and growing demand for improvised treatment.
Anticoagulants Market Dynamics
Rapid urbanization is considered as a cause to an increase in the cases of chronic diseases and technological developments in the innovation of anticoagulant products. The global increase of ischemic heart disease is foreseen to exceed 1,840 per 100,000 by the year 2030.
However, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, unhealthy ways of living adopted by people, and growing shift to novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs) act as the major driving forces in anticoagulants market. Further, technological developments in the innovation of anticoagulant medicines are foreseen to propel the market.
Also Read: Non-Oncology Precision Medicine Market Size USD 150.2 Bn by 2030
The stringent regulatory guidelines and increased risk of side effects from treatment are expected to curtail market size during the forecast period. Increasing health awareness about the side effects like malena, hemoptysis, epistaxis, menorrhagia, hematuria and bleeding gums have proved to be a restraining factor for the growth of the anticoagulant products market. With advancements in technology and quality of anticoagulants, the increasing cost of the drugs is also posing to be a challenge for the growth of the market.
Rising adoption of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs), and increasing awareness of NOACs in developing nations prove to be a great opportunity for the anticoagulant products market. Surge in demand for novel treatment along with rising geriatric population are also foreseen to fuel the market growth. Growing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and venous thromboembolism (VTE) has offered a good opportunity for the market to grow during the forecast period.
Increasing health awareness has made people careful with the use of chemically compounded medicines owing to the side effects produced by them over a period of time, which proved to challenge the growth of the market. The rise in the competition among the manufacturers and the diversity of the products has also proved to be a challenge for the growth of the anticoagulant products market during the forecast period.
- In February 2022, Fast-track status was granted to Bayer’s oral Factor Xia inhibitor Asundexian, by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as it is in phase 2 testing of an anticoagulant which could provide safety advantages compared to the current drugs in use.
- In June 2021, Boehringer Ingelheim’s dabigatran etexilate (Pradaxa) anticoagulant oral pills was granted permission by the Food and Drug Administration as the first oral anticoagulant which proves therapeutic to children aged 3 months to less than 12 years with venous thromboembolism after having received minimum five days of treatment with a blood thinner administered by injection.
Anticoagulants Market Key Players
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Aspen Holdings
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Portola Pharmaceuticals3
Segments covered in the report
By Indication of disease
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Attacks
By Administration Route
By Drug Class
- Savaysa & lixiana
- Heparin & LMWH
- Vitamin K Antagonist
By Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Why should you invest in this report?
If you are aiming to enter the global anticoagulants market, this report is a comprehensive guide that provides crystal clear insights into this niche market. All the major application areas for anticoagulants are covered in this report and information is given on the important regions of the world where this market is likely to boom during the forecast period of 2022-2030 so that you can plan your strategies to enter this market accordingly.
Besides, through this report, you can have a complete grasp of the level of competition you will be facing in this hugely competitive market and if you are an established player in this market already, this report will help you gauge the strategies that your competitors have adopted to stay as market leaders in this market. For new entrants to this market, the voluminous data provided in this report is invaluable.
Thanks for reading you can also get individual chapter-wise sections or region-wise report versions such as North America, Europe, or the Asia Pacific.
Buy this Premium Research Report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1796
Call: +1 9197 992 333
Email: [email protected]