The antimicrobial coatings market size garnered USD10 billion in 2021 and is expected to generate USD30.2 billion by 2030, manifesting at a CAGR of 13.07% from 2022 to 2030. The medical devices used in the health care facilities transfer a large amount of bacteria it’s because many diseases. The government of the North American region as well as the European region is taking steps to support the use of antimicrobial coatings across its healthcare infrastructure all of these factors are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Antimicrobial Coatings Market Key Takeaways:
- By application, the medical devices segment has reached highest revenue share of 42.5% in 2021.
- By product, the surface modifications and coatings segment has reached 53% revenue share in 2021.
- North America has garnered largest revenue share of 44% in 2021.
- Europe region is anticipated to hit at a CAGR of 12.5% between 2022 to 2030.
- By type, the silver-based segment is anticipated to hit at a CAGR of 12.1% between 2022 to 2030.
Download Access to a Free Copy of Our Latest Sample Report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/sample/1916
Antimicrobial Coatings Market Scope
|Market Size in 2022||USD 11.31 Billion
|Market Size by 2030||USD 30.2 Billion|
|Growth Rate from 2022 to 2030||CAGR of 13.07%|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2030|
|Segments Covered||Product, Type, Application, End User, Geography|
The North American region is expected to have a dominant position in the antimicrobial coatings market. This region is expected to have a dominant position due to the presence of various manufacturing companies in this region especially the United States. As soon as we know increase in the demand for the use of antimicrobial coatings in the medical industry the market is expected to grow well. The presence of the policies of the government that ensure better health care facilities for the public will drive the market growth of this region during the forecast period. Increased use of antimicrobial coatings in the food and beverages industry in the United States will also drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Increased living standards and the way ability of better health care facilities or infrastructure in the United States will drive the market growth. There has been a growth in the research and development activities that shall boost the market in the coming years. The United States happens to be the leading market in the entire world. The facilities that are available in the United States are the best as compared to any other regions. These factors are expected to drive the market growth of this region. In order to prevent the spread of any infections from the health care facilities of this region government in the North American region is taking many steps to ensure the scene.
Apart from the North American region the Asia Pacific region is also expected to grow well during the forecast period as there has been an increase in the demand for antimicrobial coatings in the pharmaceutical industry as well as the construction industry. Increase in the number of patients and the frequent visits to hospitals will drive the market growth in this region. The outbreak of pandemic has also created a great demand for antimicrobial coatings in the developing nations of the Asia Pacific region.
- On the basis of application, the healthcare and medical segment will dominate the market as is a great demand for antimicrobial coatings Indus industry. As a large number of infections are contracted through the visits to the health care facilities the demand for antimicrobial coatings is expected to be more through this sector.
- Governments are also taking initiatives in order to make it mandatory to use medical devices that have antimicrobial coating which shall be extremely beneficial in preventing the spread of various diseases.
- The surface modifications and coatings product will also have a larger market share and it has dominated the market in the past. The quality of this product too alters the surface will drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Also Read: Coronary Stents Market Size USD 17.2 Billion by 2030
Antimicrobial Coatings Market Dynamics
The demand for antimicrobial coatings has grown to a great extent in the recent years due to its increased use in the healthcare sector as well as the medical industry. There has been an increase in the awareness regarding the use of these coatings and there has been an increase in the investments made by the governments in order to implement the use of these coatings.
Many infections are transferred through the hospitals to the patient and caused a large number of deaths every year and in order to prevent these deaths caused due to infections that affect the humans entering these hospitals and prove fatal at times will be reduced to a great extent due to the use of antimicrobial coatings. Increase in the number of surgeries and procedures at these health care facilities increases the risk of transferring the infections or diseases.
The medical devices used in the health care facilities transfer a large amount of bacteria it’s because many diseases. The government of the North American region as well as the European region is taking steps to support the use of antimicrobial coatings across its healthcare infrastructure all of these factors are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Most of the medical devices are coated but there is a huge difference in the cost of the traditional coating used in the medical devices and the antimicrobial coatings as the antimicrobial coatings are expensive it shall be a reason that will hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The high cost of the products might have antimicrobial coating shall affect the developing nations to a great extent. As the per capita income in the developing nations is low and the purchasing power is also less the demand for these products will be limited in the developing nations.
- After the pandemic there has been a great demand for antimicrobial coatings in many industries. Major manufacturers and startups are also focusing on providing antimicrobial coatings in the form of a protective layer even for the clothes which will be extremely beneficial in preventing the spread of the pandemic. In the recent years there has been a growth in the fear and concern regarding the hygiene.
- High demand for antimicrobial products has created a need for the manufacturers to come up with goods that are antimicrobial in nature. There has been a major change in the preference of the consumers. And there’s growing demand for antimicrobial products will drive the market growth of the antimicrobial coatings during the forecast period.
The materials that are used for the antimicrobial coating maybe toxic and cause a few medical conditions due to a prolonged use. There is an increased risk of having skin diseases or trouble with breathing due to a prolonged exposure to different coatings that are made up of copper or silver. These small particles enter the human body through the air and it may have in effects on various organs and tissues.
- In the year 2020 Antimicrobial surface coating was developed which was a polymer-based coating. This polymer-based coating was developed for the textiles industry by Jyoty Institute of Technology.
Key market players
- AkzoNobel (Netherlands)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Burke Industrial Coatings LLC (US)
- DuPont de Nemours (US)
- RPM International Inc. (Japan)
- The Sherwin-Williams Company (US)
- Axalta Coating Systems (US)
- PPG Industries (US)
- Nippon Paint Holdings (Japan)
- Diamond Vogel Paint Company (US)
- Antimicrobial Powder Coatings
- Titanium Dioxide
- Surface Modifications & Coatings
- E. Coli
- Medical devices
- Air conditioning and ventilation
- Food processing and packaging
- Antimicrobial textiles
- Sanitary facilities and kitchen
- Graphene Materials
- Silver Nanoparticles
- Polycationic Hydrogel
- Polymer Brushes
By Resin Type
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Paints and Coatings Market
- Packaging Industry
- Textiles Industry
- Electronics Industry
- Metal Industry
- Water Treatment Industry
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Why should you invest in this report?
If you are aiming to enter the global antimicrobial coatings market, this report is a comprehensive guide that provides crystal clear insights into this niche market. All the major application areas for antimicrobial coatings are covered in this report and information is given on the important regions of the world where this market is likely to boom during the forecast period of 2022-2030 so that you can plan your strategies to enter this market accordingly.
Besides, through this report, you can have a complete grasp of the level of competition you will be facing in this hugely competitive market and if you are an established player in this market already, this report will help you gauge the strategies that your competitors have adopted to stay as market leaders in this market. For new entrants to this market, the voluminous data provided in this report is invaluable.
Thanks for reading you can also get individual chapter-wise sections or region-wise report versions such as North America, Europe, or the Asia Pacific.
Buy this Premium Research Report@ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1916
Call: +1 9197 992 333